Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Music

I just love Christmas music!

I remember as a child and teenager - my parents owned several Christmas LP's and we were always playing Christmas music while we cleaned up and baked, etc.

They had a tradition of "going to see Santa Claus" a few nights in December. We'd have the responsibility of straightening up some, sometimes I'd bake cookies, and we'd listen to the albums. On a Zenith Circular Sound stereo too - one of the first that was available in Glasgow, KY (the little town we come from).

I have several CD's now - but my favorite is and has been for several years now, Martina McBride's White Christmas. It has the standards - her version of "O Holy Night" is absolutely beautiful and probably the best I've ever heard.

And, somehow, before it's played through, I end up crying. Not sad tears really, just tears of remembrance of days gone by and missing you tears for Mom and Dad. It's all good - I'm so grateful for my love of music, family times, and loving the holidays - something my parents passed on to all of us.

No comments: