Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Reflections

This time of year I spend some time thinking about the last year - what went well, what didn't, progress made or footings lost. And, on the heels of that hopes for the next year. I don't really do resolutions anymore - but I do try to set some goals to work toward. That's the best I can do anymore - age, physicality, just sheer fatigue, well, resolutions just won't fly.

2007 wasn't the best year I've ever had, it wasn't the worse either though. There were some major milestones - Renee turned 18, Renee graduated from high school, Renee went off to college - those were all good. A head on collision in January, Lynn's problems, financial worries - they've been bad this year.

Even in the problems, there've been some silver linings. We were able to get another vehicle, Lynn has improved 1000 fold and money, well there's always more demand than supply if you're in the working class. We have a roof, the lights are on, and none of us look like we missed any meals! How much more blessed could we be?

I'm grateful for so much - my brothers and sisters are all still alive and well - we've had some health problems and scares so that is a wonderful blessing. The kids - mine and Larry and Mitzi's are all healthy! We all have the love of some animals (well, except that my cat doesn't love me - but Morgan, Zina & DaeDae make up for it) We'll spend some time during the holidays enjoying each other's company and good food - cherished recipes from throughout our lives. Could it get any better?

No comments: