Saturday, February 9, 2008

So I've Started My Book!

Yes - today I started writing. I'm not sure how this is going to go - my mind is going way too fast and I've got to slow down so that it's all not just a jumbled up mess.

I haven't done an outline, but maybe I should. My favorite author in the world - Stephen King - does not use an outline. He just creates his characters and watches to see what they will do. Since my approach is a little more autobiographical, and I'm nowhere near the caliber of King, maybe I'll have to investigate the outline theory.

I've done my dedication page, something most writers probably do at the end, but I know where I'm going with this book - at least today I think I'm in the driver's seat. That may change and that page may change - we'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: