Sunday, November 23, 2008

Isaiah

About 4 weeks ago, the Sunday after Halloween, I arrived at church and found that one of the families had a couple of kittens with them. They smaller children had actually received this kittens when trick or treating a few nights before!

First, let me say I was appalled that someone, an adult even, gave away kittens to trick or treaters! If you have puppies or kittens, I believe it is your responsibility to try to place them in good homes where they are wanted and can be cared for. These kids stay with their grandmother, and she's a very nice lady, but she can't afford and doesn't need two kittens!

So, one of them was a little tabby striped cat, somewhat gray but with a lot of brown. And, he was so sweet when I was holding him, so the sucker that I am brought him home! I told myself he would be Renee's cat - Moo Moo is gone, a blog I'm not ready to do - and this one kitten would help her with the grief besides being great fun.

So, into our world came Isaiah. She wanted something biblical for him and started out with Leviticus, Levi for short. But Chris, the boyfriend, didn't like that so they agreed on Isaiah. Being a young kitten and being quite mouthy, I kept him the first night. The 2nd night he stayed with Renee in her room and the next morning she announced his named had been changed again, still biblical, but to Lucifer! That was a joke! He is still Isaiah!

He is the sweetest little thing I've ever seen! He lets me hold him like a baby and most of the time I can't do anything for holding him! He's been to the vet once already - who promptly announed that he was barely 4 weeks old when we got him - no wonder he was so mouthy! Right now, he's about 8 weeks old and getting really funny playing, etc. He eats good and is improving (some intestinal problems).

I call him my 'grandcat' - he's the only thing considered a grandchild I want to see for a few more years!

No comments: