Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bucket List

Now, I didn't see this movie, yet! I plan to - as soon as it's released on DVD. I don't get to the movies much - that's a whole other blog. But, from the commercials I get the jest of what's happening and it got me to thinking.

One of the things I challenged my son to do a couple of years ago when the rough patch started was to create a list of things he'd like to accomplish in his life. Big and little, that didn't matter, but things he'd like to plan on sometime, or look back on and be proud he'd done them. His list was excellent - and I still have it - maybe I'll share it with him and hope to spark some motivation to get himself together. That's a whole blog in itself!

My point here is - I'm working on my Bucket List. Not that I plan to slip off this mortal coil anytime soon - but there are a few things I'd really like to "do" and some of them are "do again"!

Here's a sample:

1 - See Kid Rock in concert - missed my chance last Friday night - but he'll come again!

2 - See Elton perform in Las Vegas - I've seen him twice in Nashville - one of the best shows I've ever seen!

3 - See Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr - perform or just in person - meeting one of them would be my dying wish if I had one!

4 - Get my book published!

5 - Be on the Oprah show - not much time left for this one - she's retiring!

6 - Love again! I mean really love - with a trusting heart and without the baggage I carry. It doesn't have to lead to marriage - just love unconditionally and without doubt,second guessing, or fear.

7 - Sing back up for Lynyrd Skynyrd! OK - this one is a stretch but they are my dreams!!

8 - Find my 1979 Buick Regal and have it refurbished and DRIVE IT!!!!!

THis is not the entire list - and it doesn't include things regarding my kids - that's not my bucket list - that's my life's desires. My bucket list is rather selfish - but hey - it's my list for things to do FOR ME if I ever get the chance!!

Take some time today and create one for yourself - you'll be amazed at how much optimism you can create within yourself!

No comments: