Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Well, I guess that's a little late! I didn't feel much like celebrating Easter - I did go to the regular church service and it was very nice. I was glad I went, although I sat with tears on the edge of my eyes the entire time.

My son is in foster care right now. We expect this to be temporary - maybe just a couple of weeks while some legal issues are worked thru. Although it's not the same as before, it still doesn't feel good. The aftershock takes a few days to wear off - instead of cooking a ham, etc. yesterday like I wanted to - Renee and I ate Chinese last night. It was good too - and good for us - something different and not traditional. We were invited to a couple of places for dinner or just to visit - we declined and just stayed home together. Maybe it made for an easier day, I least I think it did.

My days and weeks have always been driven by the next project, next deadline, next acitivity for the kids, etc. And as they've grown up and needed me less, that seems to have changed and I seem to flounder some. So, I've resorted to keeping a calendar of things I need to do for myself or the house and by when. This may not always be necessary as I am still trying to adjust to having free time OR it may get worse as I don't always remember everything anymore and a calendar helps me alot. Along with the note pad in the van and my pocket calendar in my purse. Once upon a time I could keep 27 appts in my head, all in the next week, and knew every single phone number that I needed for me, the kids, and their dad. Now, I have all these notes and if the number is not in the cell phone, forget it. Forget it then too - because I can't see the numbers in the cell phone and rely on recognizing the name to dial anyone.

My mom said it best, and often "This getting old is for the birds!"

No comments: