Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's March 17th! DO YOU have on anything GREEN? I'm wearing a small crocheted shamrock a friend made for me probably 20 years ago! I only wear it once a year - but it's been around forever it seems.

Today I won't do anything special. No corned beef and cabbage here today, no green beer either! Twenty five years ago I'd have been all hyped up and the girls at work and I would have gone out this afternoon and stated partying as soon as we got off work! Not a one of us was Irish, but today we all were! We'd eat dinner at Ireland's then head to Bennegin's for drinking. We'd close that place down and be back at work at 7:00 am - tired and red-eyed I'm sure, somewhat hungover with a queasy stomach, we'd all drink water all day long and eat lightly. But, we'd have had a big time and that seemed to be the only thing that mattered back then.

Tonight I'll stay in, watch some new shows (Thank God the writer's strike is over), maybe catch the first 5 minutes of the news, and say a little prayer for all the fools out there to get home safely before I fall asleep. Amazing what aging (and knowledge) can do for you!

Be careful out there - DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!! Call someone, call me, I'll come get you, just don't get behind the wheel or in a car with someone behind the wheel that's had any alcohol. It's not worth what could, and will to some, happen!

No comments: