Friday, August 3, 2007

Election Day

Yesterday was Election Day in Nashville. We were voting for a mayor, vice mayor and our entire city council. Some fields were crowded, some folks ran unopposed. We have a new vice mayor for sure, and 5 at large seats on the council. There'll be a runoff for the office of Mayor and for the councilseat for the district I live in.

I'm supporting the incumbent and have actually done some work to help her - the tally was so close at the end of the night - only about 20 more votes could have avoided the runoff - I have to think what if I'd spend 2 more hours doing something!!! I don't know if anybody else will think that way - it's probably just part of my accept responsibility for the world personality.

Anyway, we'll take the weekend to back up and regroup and start Monday working toward September 11, date set for the runoff elections. I have some extra signs in my van - can I put one in your yard?

No comments: