Saturday, August 4, 2007

Movies

YES! Saturday finally got here. It was a very busy week and it's been so very hot here that it really took a toll on me. The temperature probably wasn't as bad, but the air quality in Nashville right now is so poor because we've not had any rain to speak of this summer. The forecast for the coming days is worse - we expect to hit 98-99 degrees every day this week. I doubt that my nose will be outside at all!!

Today I've been catching up on movies. I've watched "The Break-Up". It was ok - some things hit a little close to home so I'll rate it a 6 because I like Jennifer Anniston. I watched "The Stepford Wifes". I give it a 5 and only because I like Nicole Kidman. I tried to watch "One Early Morning" - I may even have the name wrong. I like Ashley Judd but I just didn't enjoy this one at all. I ended up getting on the phone and talking thru the last 30 minutes - maybe it gets better and I don't know it.

Anyway, most movies do not entertain me. I find that they drag in the middle and I'm wishing they'd end already. I don't usually go to the movies - it's just too much money to pay and feel mediocre about the what you've spent $10.00 to see. I've always liked the books way better (if there is a book) and movies are a poor second to the written word.

Maybe I just need to look for better movies!

No comments: