Thursday, August 16, 2007

Willpower

I've re-read my post about grit - it's really been on my mind alot lately. Since I have so much time to think!! This house is too quiet - even the cat is sleeping more than 22 hours a day!

Anyway, I can't chalk off everyone who has some failure in their life to not having grit or determination. My life has not always been easy, but most of that has been the results of my own decisions. There was a 15 year nightmare of a marriage - that alone could be multiple blogs - I'd never get thru writing. And, there've been the things that simply happened, the car wrecks (yes there were two), some physical problems with healing, etc. and the usual financial woes that go with being a working class person trying to raise kids.

I've made it thru all of these and at some point, things hadn't been nearly as bad as they seemed at the time. But, there is one battle I've waged very unsuccessfully - it's been a war, and I've been defeated, at least to this point. I'm referring to my weight. I am morbidly obese - I mean morbidididididly - most people who weigh what I do don't even get out of bed and yes, they've been on t.v.

I've seen the women who weighed 400 pounds in a wheelchair - at 400 pounds I was working fulltime running a childcare facility, keeping an eleven room house, and raising two kids plus dealing with the idiot.

Since the first wreck 8 years ago I've gained - mobility became an issue - then more weight lessened the mobility I had and it just goes in circles like a hurricane. And, I've reached Category 5.

Now that I have both kids settled somewhat (for a while - with kids you always have to be prepared for the bottom to fall out), I think the time has come for me to devote all my grit, determination, and this extra time to getting myself down to a healthy weight. I'm not sure exactly where this journey will take me - or what obstacles I may face - but one thing is for sure, it's going to be worth writing about!!

No comments: