Saturday, October 4, 2008

On To The Next Project

I had this grand idea that after the class reunion was over, I'd be sitting down, kicked back, and relaxing for a month or two, at least! NOT!

I've decided now that I gravitate toward activities and there's just nothing to be done about it. I meant to take the entire month of October to rest - but check out these activities:

Tuesday I have an all important doctor's appointment - which may change the rest of the month regardless of my intentions. I do hope to get some relief from the arthritis pain that I'm enduring, as my mom would say, I am hollering calf rope!

October 14 we'll have the final reunion meeting - just to catch up and close any loose ends. And we've still got the yearbook to finish, print and mail, but some of that will be in November. The 18th is Old Timer's Day, an activity at one of the community organizations I've been involved with many years, the 23rd is a Town Hall Meeting that I don't really have to be at, but my part-time employer is hosting so I am somewhat involved. The 25th is not only the fall festival in Flatrock, but the Colt Classic at the high school. And, I need to go to a couple of football games - the 17th is Homecoming and the 30th is Senior Presentation. My sister in law is having a Halloween Party on the 31st and my nephews birthday party is Saturday, November 1st.

So, add in all the running for the kids and trying to keep the house going, and I am tired already. I will prevail though, a strong work ethic and a good attitude, along with the fact that I loathe failure, well, I'll hang in and keep pushing. It may be that sitting down is not ever going to be in my cards!

No comments: