Monday, October 13, 2008

Renee's First Car

My daughter bought her first car Saturday! It is the cutest little car I've ever seen and I am so very proud of her!

I would have given her a car the day she turned 16, if it had been possible. She's never questioned me, or fussed or argued with me about not having her own set of wheels. She's been great about sharing the one vehicle we've had - especially when she had to go early or wait on me because our schedules didn't exactly mesh.

I've felt so bad that I had not been able to buy her a car - but she was always "It's ok momma". Thank God she's not been as hard on me as I've been on myself that I didn't pulll it off. There's always been something else that took precedence, like the roof and food.

A few years back, my sister Amy and her husband, Ben, did a video for our family for Christmas. It's so awesome I can't fully describe it, but it starts with pictures of our parents as children, then them getting married and us kids, each of us had our own 'song' and each grandchild had their own song that backgrounded the pictures.

Searching for a song for the kids first seemed like a daunting task to me - but - about that time Martina McBride had released "In My Daughter's Eyes". It's the most beautiful song I've ever heard, and I still can't hear it without balling like a baby. But it's true, for Renee changed me. I saw the person I wanted to be in her newborn eyes, a good example, an upstanding person, someone who never hurt her, embarass her, or make her anything than proud to call me "Mom"! She was truly sent from God to rescue me!

Renee, you've worked so hard and been so very patient - I am so happy for you and I am proud of you and I love you very much!

Mom

No comments: