Friday, October 3, 2008

The Veep Debate

OK - so I watched the debate last night. I was actually somewhat surprised that it was not the bloodbath I'd expected. I suppose someone told Joe Biden to take it easy on the kid - like when you're the team with all the big blockers and a group of small amateurs take the field opposing you, well, you just don't hit them normal, now do ya?

This thought kept running thru my mind - and you know how I just love to relate things to old movies or television! Do any of you remember on The Andy Griffith Show when Howard Sprague ran against Aunt Bea for city council? They had a debate - Howard had his facts and figures and years of experience and knowledge and Aunt Bea, well, bless her heart, she had her heart. And, that was about all.

Last night's debate was pretty much like the one filmed 44 years ago for a sitcom. The only thing, at the end of the debate Aunt Bea conceded to Howard before one vote had been cast.

The only other impression I had was that she was somewhat like a first grader trying to debate a senior in high school. Imagine how hysterically I laughed when Jay Leno had a picture of the first meeting of Biden/Palin and it was a picture of Joe Biden in a kindergarten class with a little girl and her crayons!

I imagine my neighbor wondered what I was cackling so loud about!

No comments: