Sunday, July 15, 2007

One Busy Woman

Today is Sunday - I've just returned home from church and have a full day to accomplish. Our Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow - I'm teaching the adults. It's always fun and while I don't have to do as much as those who have the children, I try to make the room inviting and plan some fun activities for us.

I tend to overextend myself - I call it the "I can't say no" problem. Right now, there's VBS this week, I'm working on an oral history project that lasts until at least next March - and I have a summer intern for that to keep busy and supervise, I'm helping an old schoolmate in her re-election campaign for a city council position, I'm helping another friend put together her business plan in accordance with SBC requirements to get a loan to go into business for herself, I help my brother with his own personal business from a bookkeeping standpoint. There are "Project Stacks" all over my house.

I am the mother of two teenagers, one about to go to college and the other struggling to find himself and be at ease with who he really is - being a mother is all the job I need, but as I said, I am unable to say no when folks ask me for help. I think I must like it when they tell me I'm smart and they trust my judgement and opinions. Those are valuable things to hear from friends.

When I get time, I plan on completing my children's scrapbooks from childhood and school and I have a couple of craft/sewing projects I've invested some time and money into, but have neglected because of my other committments.

And, to top all of this off - I find myself very physically challenged. I'll cover more about that in future blogs - I don't want you to stop reading because I go on and on and on!!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm exhausted just reading everything you are doing!!

Great Post! - Amy