Thursday, July 19, 2007

Only One More Day!

Yes - tomorrow night at midnight my daughter will be in line at the local Borders to pick up my copy of the 7th Harry Potter book! I will home sleeping, but as soon as I wake up Saturday I will begin to read and probably won't stop until I'm done. This has been my MO for the last 3 Potter books - I didn't get in on the Harry Potter phenomenon until the third book had come out.

I am very excited - I refuse to even search for anything Potter online right now because I do not want to know until I get to it myself what happens.

There are at least 3 others in my family who'll be reading all day Saturday and Sunday - we've agreed we will not discuss the book until we are done - no calling and saying "Guess what's going to happen?".

While there are people who believe that the Harry Potter books should not be allowed, etc. because of the witchcraft or wizardy involved, I am not one of them. The story itself about a child being orphaned, mistreated by the only blood family he has, befriended by so many others who loved and adored him, those are all very important things. The books are well-written and the story has been wonderful - I hope I still feel this way Monday!!

Have a Potter Weekend!

No comments: