Friday, December 7, 2007

Child Support Drama

Today I was supposed to go to court on child support - initiated by the state this time. To begin with, I went to the wrong building. I had called to make sure I knew where I was going, and was told yes, but I was in the wrong place.

Luckily "my baby daddy" went to a different wrong building, so we're bumped to a different docket and sent to the right place. No real surprises, he's still not paying, trying to say he can't pay, etc. He should win an Academy Award for the performance he put on - he was injured last year and he was milking it for all it was worth - actually, he acted much like a severe Down's Syndrome person acts. I am not making fun of anybody - except him!

Of course, after we're dismissed the attorney did see him in the hall chatting away to my daughter; she even commented to me that was not the same man they had seen in court earlier!

I was married for 14 years - but the only real description of him for me now is just the "baby daddy". He sees the kids maybe once or twice a year, usually in court. Doesn't call on their birthdays, whines if they don't call him on his.

You should never never never marry beneath youself. I did - thought I could pull him up to my standard and couldn't. I could not care less now, except it hurts my kids. That's my payback daily for my defiance - everybody tried to tell me and I wouldn't listen - I didn't know not one single person who thought it was a good idea for me to marry him. They were all right.

But, on a lighter note, we did see a fight at the Child Support Office - major baby momma drama with the boyfriend, baby daddy and baby daddy sister. WOW - the police had to come. All I could think (and say) was what did Kat Williams say about "these nigga's are about to fight". It was hysterical- really worth all the walking I had to do today!

No comments: