Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, it's December 31. Tonight 2007 will leave and 2008 will come in. I didn't make resolutions, but I did make a list of goals I'm going to try to reach. May not be much difference, except in the approach, goals can be ongoing whereas a resolution may just be broken and forgotten soon.

I have faith 2008 will be a better year. I've set somewhat of a pattern the last few years - the odd years have not always been good - Dad died in 1995, I had a major wreck in 1999, Mom died in 2003, I went on disability in 2005, had another major wreck in 2007. See? But, all of those things have been survivable - and there are obstacles everyday - I'm just glad to see an even year get here!

I'll be sitting up in bed watching the ball drop at midnight - my years of partying the new year in long ago behind me. Which reminds me, my family had our Christmas yesterday. We were all at Larry and Mitzi's and the kids had some music on. Amy and I started singing Charlie Daniels Band tunes! She had my box set of CDB in her vehicle so we actually played some of them and us two and Larry sang our hearts out on a few songs. Brought back a lot of good memories.

I did try to convince my kids I used to be too cool, but they weren't going, even after everybody told them I was too cool back in the day!

Have a safe and happy new year!!

No comments: