Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Teenagers and Winter Break

Boy oh boy! After spending most of the fall alone in the house (except for the weekends) I am in culture shock!

Lynn came home full time on November 9. Renee and her roommate Jami were home for 10 days during Thanksgiving, and came back full time around December 7th. So, between the three of them and all their friends (Lynn is never alone), my house is like grand central station!

The house is a wreck too - I don't remember Renee being so messy as she is now. And, I will blame that on Jami. That poor child is so messy - she's a female Lynn.

I fussed and cussed at them yesterday, but this morning, I didn't see anything any different. And, there are 19 more days until they move back to the dorm!!!

Tomorrow is trash day, so I hope to get some cleaning up done tonight - maybe I need to sneak home during the day while they are at work and really clean out!! I have no idea what happened to your stuff!

I know what I am experiencing is not limited to me - there are parents all over the world today thinking the same thing. Believe me kids, we love you all, it's just we'd gotten used to the quite and calm and for the most part, have forgotten what it was like to be teenagers!!

Merry Christmas, damn it!

No comments: