Sunday, January 20, 2008

Brain Damaged People

Yes it is - this morning it was 11 degrees with a wind chill of 1! Needless to say, I will not be sticking my nose outside today. In fact, I slept in, watched the CBS Morning Show and Face the Nation, then napped for another hour before Lynn finally made so much noise I had to get up.

Now that I'm up and puttering around, he's gone back to bed! Go figure!

I said this many times, but males are brain damaged. It's scientifically proven and there's no doubt, but I seem to have been blessed with the most brain damaged ones around. When I was married to Lynn's dad, he had this habit of coming in and turning on the hall light. Didn't matter what time of night it was - and the light and my bed was positioned so that it shown right in my face. Can you imagine the rage you can feel about the 100th time that happens and you've asked him repeatedly NOT to do it? I always thought the big idiot was scared to walk down the hall in the dark, then I decided he was just being mean.

Well, the little idiot in my house has the same problem. To leave his bedroom and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, he turns on his bedroom light, opens the door which hangs and is loud, turns on the hall light, steps into the bathroom and turns on that light, then closes the door. Now, the space from his bathroom door to the toilet is maybe 5 feet - at the most - clear pathway - no furniture or anything to run into. God forbid he needs a drink of water, because that means the kitchen/dining lights come on. And guess what, they shine right in my face!!

Now I've raised this one - tried repeatedly to teach him better and literally haved worked myself to death to try and make him a better person. You know what? I've failed! And you know why? They just can't help their stupid selves! He cannot see why I have a problem nor understand why it matters and is just appalled when I finally blow my stack.

Now, for comparison sakes, I walk about 12 feet to the bathroom with one really bad foot and leg and a cane and never turn on a single light nor bump into anything, and usually 3-4 times a night.

Rest assured, realizing Lynn's dad is brain damaged does not give him any slack or less disgust from me. I just don't get it!

I remember something from "Boy Meets World" I think quite appropriate here. Tapanga was all into her feminine power, etc. She said men should be confined to cells underground and only used for breeding purposes to continue the human race. That's where I am today!

No comments: