Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I've Got Edward-itis

I'd seen Stephenie Meyer on Good Morning America talking about her series of books starting with "Twitlight" recently. The series centers around girl named Isabella and a vampire named Edward. Initially, I have to admit that I thought to myself "hmm, this has been done - does anyone remember Buffy??" And, at that point I dismissed it as something I might consider reading, but probably not.

Then, enter Amy. Amy is not only my sister and great friend, but she's the one that turned me onto Buffy in the first place. (The Sunnydale in my title is just a small indication of how much the Buffyverse impacted the lives of the Martin 3)

Amy read Twilight - in less than two days I believe - then stopped and bought the 2nd book on her way home from work. That one is "New Moon". Before that week was over, Amy had read all 4 books, totalling about 2300 pages, the online version of "Midnight Sun", had started reading them again AND purchased for me my own copy of "Twilight".

I'm giggling the whole time because of the way Amy is reading - I would rather read than eat - something she discovered this week! She had read the Harry Potter's (my retribution to her for Buffy!), but not like this.

So I get started - a little skeptical at first I have to admit. By the end of the third chapter I was hooked! By the end of the 4th chapter I called Amy saying "OMG, OMG" which was all I could say at the moment except maybe that my next husband was going to be a vampire!!

So, I've got it - a severe case of Edward-itis - and I don't want no remedy! I'm well into the 2nd book in the series and I understand that when you finish the 4th one, you can only start over, a phenomenon called "revamping"!.

Amy has found all kinds of cute things - my favorties being a t-shirt that says "Edward Widower" or something like that since the wife is GONE over Edward, and a website called "twilightmoms" for those of us who are not teenagers but are desperatly in love with Edward.

Let me say this, if you've ever read a Nicholas Sparks book and marveled at how romantic he is - forget about it! He is not even in the t-ball ballpark compared to the major league of Edward!

AND, the movie starts November 21! Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: