Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One Thing

If there was one thing you could change in your life - JUST ONE - do you know what it would be?

Now, really think about that for a minute or two. Because that one thing may change every other thing in your life and those changes may not be good. Like it or not, the path we've taken is just that, and the alternatives may have been worse.

That being said, there is one thing in my life I wish I could go back and change. And no, it's not the idiot I married, believe it or not. It was a few years after him, and NO I didn't cheat.

I know the path my life has taken since then is different, and I can tell myself things could have been worse, but somehow I don't think so. I made a very stupid decision one day that costs me a bundle, mostly in the beat myself up category, but a bundle. I didn't commit murder or physically harm anyone or anything - stop trying to guess!

I've seen some hard days, some trying days, and days I didn't know where to turn next, but if they ever make a time machine that will let you go back, I think I might. Then again, the people and places in my life since then, well I can't imagine for one minute not having them. The friends I have now I would have never known, and I'd be a much poorer person without them.

And, even when we make bad decisions, things usually work out like they should - didn't I just rant about that yesterday?

No comments: