Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Party of the Century

Yes it was! It really was a great time!

First, let me say that after all the planning and meeting, I was really very nervous. But as Saturday morning dawned, things started looking pretty good and I was really calm.

Picked Renee up at Lipscomb at 11:00 am and we headed downtown. This was after staying up until about 12:15 in the morning finishing up some posters with pictures from the yearbook and Renee and Chris loading up the van. That might have been a little bit of a problem because I moved Lynn home that morning, but hey, he made it!

We got to the venue and called the others to come down and unload the van. Then Renee and I headed over to get the balloons all helium'd up! When we got back, she went on upstairs with the balloons and then I went up to preview.

It was my first time to see the venue, which was phenominal to start with, then add to that the decorations, flowers, etc. Well, tears came to my eyes! It looked better than I could have imagined, the girls setting up had done a wonderful job and everything was perfect! We had some beautiful floral arrangements and lots of Glencliff red and blue everywhere! There was a special memento - a bookmark - that commemorated the event for each guest.

Home we went to rest - I laid down about 1:00 PM which meant I had about 3 hours to rest up. I even got a little sleep.

Up at 4:00 pm, into the shower, then dressed, etc. Jimbo met us here to follow us - we had to make one last stop to pick up the specially decorated cake - and head downtown.

We had live music, CD's between sets, lots of door prizes, lots of fun, and plenty of booze!

Folks starting coming in about 6:30 actually - I took a seat over from the registration table because it was close and looked comfortable, and that ended up working perfectly. I got to meet and greet almost every single person as they left the registration area!

It was so great to see friends I hadn't seen for so long- one person from the class of 1977, Sherry, I had not seen in 30 years. Seeing her brought tears to my eyes, again. I had thought about her so many times thru the years. A good friend since Jr. High, Tammy, made it in from Alabama and another great friend from high school, Margie was there too - I really enjoyed catching up with them!

I think everyone had a great time! I know some guys from the class of '79 want to do the same thing again next year - to which I responded - "I will give them my notes!" It was a blast, but I think I just want to be a guest next time.

I am so very glad to have had this opportunity to help plan and pull this thing off. Couldn't have done it without the rest of the planning crew, my friend the florist, my sister Amy and her husband Ben for scanning and printing pictures and for coming to take pictures that night, and of course Jimbo and Renee for being the legs SO many times!

Thanks guys FOR EVERYTHING, I love you all!

No comments: