Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Rant on Sarah Palin

For a week now I've watched, listened, thought and tried my best to figure out what in the world John McCain was thinking! AND I'm saying him because it's obvious she is not thinking at all!

I understand she's been PTA president - that really prepares you to step up in a crisis time and do what - bake cookies or hold a carnival! Mayor of a town with somewhere between 6 and 9 thousand folks - I've heard the spread so I figure the town has grown some since she was first elected - hmm - don't see much in the way of an emergency there that could evoke great strength or knowledge. (unless Aunt Bea and Clara are arguing over whose hybrid rose is going to win the annual contest) And, finally governor of a state that, while having the largest land mass of all the states, has less people in the entire state than the city I live in. Tell me again what makes her qualified to potentially be president because I've missed it in this resume.

And I haven't even touched the family issues, which make ME sound like the conservative here. I'm all about voting for a woman, would rather vote for a woman anyday than a man and make that my mission, in most cases. This woman has a 5 month old special needs child! Not only that, but she is about to become a grandmother to an infant whose mother is a senior in high school and unmarried. (as a person who has been forced to deal with DCS for over a year now, can I tell you both instances amount to child neglect under Tennessee standards!)

Flip the switches on this - tell me what the Republicans would be saying if Chelsea Clinton was pregnant and unmarried. That exact philosophy or double standard is the very reason I have to vote Democratic - I can not stand the hypocrisy and 'holier than thou' attitude, demeanor and rhetoric I witness every time I'm forced to listen to someone who calls themself a Republican or conservative.

And to prove my point on this - my daughter is a sophomore at David Lipscomb University. That campus is all pro-Palin, ALTHOUGH, if you are considered immoral by openly admitting you've had premarital sex, or you are pregnant, married or not, you are not allowed to attend classes. And their excuse for Palin is "well, you can never tell about teenagers and what they'll do". They will support the mother to be a heartbeat away from being President of the United States because of some ill-conceived notion that she stands are all things biblical, while they would never allow her daughter to be accepted to their university.

Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old!

No comments: