Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Just Don't Get NASCAR!

I told Renee today this was tomorrow's blog - but - I'm home alone (well the idiot cat is here) and I don't have anything else to do but play on the computer so I'm blogging twice in one day!

I don't get NASCAR at all! Today there was a race on and I looked at it for a few minutes trying to see what all the hoopla is about. I mean, I've lived within 3 miles of the racetrack in Nashville for 30+ years, you'd think I'd understand, but I don't. I did see an incredibly awesome wreck - well, that may be the wrong word. But, it looked surreal to me. Having been in a few too many wrecks, I don't want to see that. Brings back too many horrible memories and I never ended up skidding down the road on my roof!!

There are a couple of wanna be race car drivers living down the street from me. Oh, they've gone all out and built a garage in their back yard, widened the driveways, and have the trailers to haul their junk car on, I suppose they're about to hit the big time.

Every Saturday, minimally, they're out working on the car I suppose they're planning on driving somewhere that night in a race. Now, I really don't get this one. They rev up the engine over and over and over again. I just don't get it. And, I'll bet if you drove by, their head is cocked to the side listening. Hell, I'm three blocks up the street sitting on my deck and I can tell the engine is out of time. It's missing like one of those kids on the milk carton, again, that's a bad choice of words, but it goes on and on and on. Even if the car happens to be running right, they continue to rev the engine until I'm ready to scream.

Can anybody make me understand?

No comments: