Sunday, April 27, 2008

Faith

I made it to church this morning - I used to never miss a Sunday but now it seems that the devil and my knees are in cahoots so I'm not always there.

It's always so refreshing to see my church family and be greeted so warmly. I love them all and some of them are very special people in my life.

One of those shared with me today that she is having surgery for lung cancer on Wednesday. I was floored and my eyes filled with tears. She squeezed my hand and I felt like everything was going to be fine, which I said "Everything will be fine" and she responded "I know it will".

As the service began, our guest speaker relayed a story about his brother, his point being this statement and theme for the morning - "You never know faith until that is all you have". Pretty intense don't you think?

I looked back over the years of my life and realized that more than once I felt like I had nothing in this world but my faith. I did have more of course, my kids and family, but for a few days the only thing that got me out of the bed was faith. It is those times that God tests us, we learn to persevere so we can see glory one day, and our faith grows, as it should.

No comments: