Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Anniversary

Today would have been my 21st wedding anniversary, had I stayed married.

It probably sounds crazy, but I always remember this date and reminisce some about how it used to be. I suppose time does heal all wounds because I don't feel the extreme animosity toward my ex-husband like I once did and I am able to talk about funny or good things that happened. I can even talk about the bad without getting mad or crying.

I actually saw him yesterday. He was in Nashville for physical therapy and came by the house - I had a letter from the child support office he needed a copy of. Both of the kids were here so he got to see them and we sat at the dining room table and talked. He played with Isaiah who promptly spit and hissed like no tomorrow at him!

He has aged, and the years haven't been too kind to him either. Now, we are both just older sicker people who don't need to waste any time on hate or revenge. But, I think we must have reached a point of being able to deal with each other respectfully. It's about time!

No comments: