Sunday, March 8, 2009

Movie Quotes

Have you ever noticed just how much movies will impact your life? Especially that movie that you really liked and have watched multiple times.

In my house, we are constantly using lines from movies in our conversation with each other. In fact, my 18 year old son, Lynn, and I can not have a conversation that one of us does not pull a line from the Friday trilogy of movies. The first "Friday" is my favorite! I've probably seen it 50 times, which is only maybe a third of how many times Lynn has seen it.

"you ain't got to lie" - what I say to him just about every time he comes in and I asked him where he's been.

"dang, we ain't never got nothing" - that's Lynn when he opens the refrigerator door.

"What's up Big Perm, uh, Big Worm?" - that's just the way Lynn says hello to me most of the time.

I have to say this - Lynn and I have gone several rounds of yelling, cussing, screaming, slamming doors, just about everything except throwing punches. But, when it's all over one of us will quote something from Friday and we both laugh.

Should have seen us the other day, we were going down Nolensville Road and saw a man walking who looked just like Ezell from the movie. Hat on cockeyed, etc. everything! We were screaming laughing, "You can't catch no crackhead!"

And, a Friday never passes around here that I don't say, "It's Friday, you ain't got no job, you ain't got s**t to do!".

I say the family that laughs together, stays together!

No comments: