Friday, July 11, 2008

A Busy Week Indeed!

I can't believe I haven't posted all week - I knew I had been busy, but I didn't realize just how much until today.

I don't remember everything I did either! I know I had a meeting about the history project that went quite well, but, I will be so glad to be done with it! Met with Lynn's DCS and Phoenix Home folks yesterday - more on that in a minute. I've worked about 18 hours this week and have a class reunion meeting tomorrow. Whew!

I've said it before, but I want to say it again, I hope you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ever find youself having to deal with DCS. I've been dealing with them a year and still don't see rhyme or reason in what they do. And, it's all a game. Lynn has learned to play it quite well because he is always a player. As the roster changes from meeting to meeting, I've found it quite interesting to see who's playing who this time. I'm making notes, believe me when I say that when we are done with this, I'm going to write an expose' for the papers. I've seen every one of Lynn's therapist and case managers lie - if that gives you a clue - like I said it depends on who the audience is on who's lying this time.

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow - I'm a little worried about where we're meeting - and I need to check with them to be sure they can accomodate me with seating. We were supposed to meet on the roof of Rippy's in downtown Nashville, BUT, they have 20 steps and no elevator!! Besides, it'll be 95 degrees tomorrow so I'm thinking we just can't be up there. But, I'm excited because I believe some new folks are coming, and some I haven't seen for several years. Should be fun.

Right now, I'm looking for a poem or song lyrics that would do for the memorial table. Think about that and let me hear something from you. I've considered "One Sweet Day" by Mariah and "Who You'd Be Today" by Kenny Chesney. BUT, we went to school in the 70's so it would be cool to use something from back then. I really hope somebody suggest something!

No comments: