Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where Did the Week Go?

It's already Thursday morning - I'm working at home today which means I should really get up and get busy - I've got a million things to do. But, I can't believe it is Thursday already.

Remember when we were kids and each day seemed to last a year or two? It felt that way, especially during the school year when we just lived for Christmas break or summer!! I guess those days go so slow because you really don't have to do anything, you're just rolling along, playing kickball, fighting with the neighbor kids, making up shortly, riding bikes, sneaking off to the Dairy King to get an ice cream cone when you're sure your mom won't come down the big hill and catch you!

Now those were the days. Today, I need to do laundry, (somewhat embarassing, I am out of drawers!), work on the class reunion, work on the history project and get something done, organize myself for the book club meeting next Monday, hem a bridesmaid dress for an upcoming wedding, clean my bathroom, get some cooking done (yesterday was CSA day), follow up on a couple of things for a friend I work for part-time, deal with Lynn by talking to his therapist, and what am I doing? Crusing the 'net, reading blogs, posting to this one, just generally avoiding the day's required work as long as possible.

All the time knowing, that when I get started the day will be over before I know it, I'll only have 20% done what I thought I wanted to do, and I'll be exhausted and hobble off to bed.

I guess I'd better get started, the cat is looking at me all evil because his waterer is empty.

No comments: