Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tales of an Idiot Chapter 557

You know I'm talking about the biggest idiot I've ever know, the ex-husband!! I don't have 556 other chapters of documentation about his stupidity, but I could! In fact, that may be a project for the winter. Unfortunately, I've tried to forget as much as possible about him and I'd really like to not dredge back up some of the stuff. Rather embarassing to think of the time and energy I spent dealing with him.

So, for this weeks dose of "Can you believe this idiot?". Renee's boyfriend is having some issues with his car - he needs a water pump. His mom took it to a shop for an estimate which was over $600.00 because they said he needed a timing belt too. I explained to the kids that he didn't really need a timing belt, but since the front of the engine had to come off to do the water pump, it was just easier to replace it then and there instead of going back in - the car's age and mileage warrants doing it. OK - kudos to me for knowing something!

I did suggest Renee could call her dad and asked what he'd charge - he was once a fairly decent mechanic and I really just hoped he'd give Chris a break on the money. Long story short, Renee had to leave a message - and she eventually talked to him and he's supposed to do the work this weekend. When I picked her up from work, she said she'd talked to him and he could do it. He had also explained to her about the timing belt - same think I'd say. So I said to Renee, "please tell me when he said that you said - that's what my momma said", to which she said yes and we died laughing!

When we got home - we discovered the second hysterical part to this story - he called the house before he called Renee's cell phone and left the following message: "Lisa, this is Ron (accentuated because he knows I HATE him being called Ron), (then a long pause), Renee's daddy. Tell her I just got the message and to call me".

I started laughing uncontrollably and hit the replay key for Renee - who said "Like you don't know who the f**k he is".

This is one of those times it doesn't pay to get mad, you just have to laugh. I should feel sorry for the imbecile, but I don't.

No comments: