Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Reunion News!

I'm sure that before September 27, my regular readers (and thank you all very very much) will get tired of hearing about the class reunion. Sorry, I'm pretty excited about it, but I promise not to get too way out of hand.

We met today at Rippy's in downtown Nashville. Three of the folks who came I had not seen in years so it was great to do some catching up, etc. Jane, our organizer, had brought the composite picture of our class (1978) so there was lots of "What ever happened to?" and "Do you ever see?", which was great fun.

We'll meet again in 4 weeks - next time we are meeting at The Diary King!! Now, if you're from Woodbine or anywhere remotely south in Davidson County, you know the "Dairy Dip". Jeff Jones, the owner, has an eat-in restaurant too which he has graciously offered to us whenever we want or need to meet. Thanks Jeff!

We did try the "Hog Sampler Platter" today while at Rippy's. Ribs, smoked sausage, brisket, chicken wings (hotter than blazes), cheese, onion rings, and pickles. I may have skipped something - but all very tasty. Rippy's will be catering the reunion with a Southern BBQ buffet so we will have excellent eats.

Biggest obstacle we face right now is getting the word out. We're not requiring reservations, but asking for RSVP's so we can get in the ballpark on food. Did I say this reunion is the entire decade of the 70's? It is, that's 10 years plus we are not excluding anybody from the late 60's or early 80's that was part of the high school experience with someone from the 70's. Potentially, we could have 1000 folks show up - I doubt that - but I would love to see 300-400 at least.

Well, that's it for the reunion right now. I have some work to do but I am shifting gears as of tomorrow and hitting the history project head on. I've set an August 30 deadline for myself and intend to keep it!

No comments: