Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Brad Paisley - Champion of World Peace

Does that title sound weird? If you've ever listened to one of Brad's songs, the words and the spirit in which he sings them lend to keeping the peace, especially in couples, in so many ways.

To start with, he just plain out makes fun of the way men are, but in a kind way, one that would make the hardest hearted of women stop and say, "Hey, he's got a point!".

His songs have made me cry, and made me laugh hysterically. I mean, the one where he's gonna miss her, but wait, he's got a bite. What woman couldn't love a man desperately if he sang "She's Everything" about her? I laughed my ass off at "I'm Still a Guy" and for a brief moment, think my heart softened just a little bit in regard to my ex-husband and some of his behavior.

But, the best song ever, ever, EVER is "Waiting on a Woman". The song pairs up an old man, talking to a young man, and how waiting on a woman would never be 'wasted time'. Hmm, one of Brad's album titles!

In my married life, I was always the one ready first, with the kids ready, and I waited. So, no comparison for me. But, my dad waited on my mother as long as I can remember to be ready. He'd be ready, pace for 1/2 hour, then go out to wash the car because he had to spend up some energy and she'd already yelled at him three times about the pacing!

The best part though is the chorus about men dying first, because their woman is not ready, and waiting on her inside heaven. My dad went almost 8 years before my mom - when I listen to the last verse of the song, I could picture him pacing around, licking his thumb and rubbing it against his forefinger, just one of his habits. But, I'm sure when she got there he grinned that little special grin as he said "you finally ready?"

AND, if there were cars in heaven, they were all washed up real clean!

No comments: