Monday, August 18, 2008

Crushes

Do you remember the first really bad crush you had? Lord, I do. It was so bad that it still can make me a little dizzy today.

I remember seeing him for the very first time. I was in the 10th grade and it was my first day at Glencliff High School. We were going to be at Wright Jr. High down the street because the high school was under construction. We all had to go to the gym to be sorted, like cattle!

As I reached the end of the hall that fed into the gym, I turned slightly left to go into the gym and saw this boy at the end of the hall near the door going outside. He was hanging with his 'homies'. They were laughing and cutting up and were about the last ones to enter the gym. I never took my eyes off of him! I was gone from that moment on!

He was a senior and I was only a sophomore and I doubt seriously that he ever knew who I was. I admired him from afar the entire school year, my best friend knew and teased me about him, but I didn't allow her to mention one thing about who he was. I can't describe him or call his name, some of you regular readers know him!

It was so bad that I blushed everytime I saw him, got flustered and couldn't speak, thought about him constantly, and dreamed about him often.

The funniest part of this now is that he is coming to the class reunion. Oh, I've been over it for years and years, I'm pretty sure he's married, probably fat and bald, hell, I'm fat and gray headed, but it's been a good laugh to remember that crush and how bad it was. I can only imagine if I'd ever felt that way about the man I ended up marrying!

No comments: