Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rolling Along

Wow, it has been a busy week!

I've continue to be busy with the class reunion - more on that later.

Monday night I attended the South Nashville Family Resource Center monthly meeting - I'm on that advisory board, but I had not been to any meetings for a year. After I got there, I remembered why. I like the director and think she's doing a fine job and the person she reports to who works for the lead agency, Vanderbilt, I adore. BUT, there is one member of this board I cannot stand to be around. I suppose I should just leave it at that, and remember that most people are doing the best they can anyway. But, one day, when I'm in a really bad mood, all bets are off!

Tuesday I worked getting things prepared for a training session on some cool software for the oral history project I've been working on - more on that later!

Tuesday night I had a class reunion meeting, etc. Anyway, by the end of the week, I'd been out of the house for two complete days and three evening outings. I am exhausted!

We had a great time Thursday night. Lynn and I went to Amy and Ben's to watch the Democratic Convention. Renee and her boyfriend came later. We had pizza and enjoyed the time together and the convention speeches. I'd been watching at home all week, but it was nice to watch with family and to chat during the in between times about what was going on - I enjoyed the coverage on television, but I liked having both my kids and Amy and Ben all together for some quality family time. That was the best part of the whole week!

No comments: