Saturday, November 5, 2016

Birthday Thoughts - First Published May 31 2010

Birthday THoughts


So, I guess it's no secret as I've posted things this birthday week, that music has played a big part in my family's life.

I was so very blessed to have parents that loved and appreciated music - all types. We grew up listening to Danny Davis, Billy Vaughn, Lawrence Welk, Dean Martin, The Lovin' Spoonful, Duane Eddy, you name it - my mom probably had the album. What a blessing and legacy they left to us - for the enjoyment and comfort of music through the years has been a tremendous presence.

And, bless their hearts for living through the Beatles, Sweet, Kansas, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Ted Nugent!
I suppose there was more than a time or two they thought maybe having a really nice stereo system in the house might NOT have been a good idea.

Tomorrow I will be big 50! Everything I am today was shaped first by my parents, my siblings, and then my children. I am nothing without them in my life.

I don't know how much longer I have on this earth, but I am so very grateful for the years I've had, the family, the friends, the experiences, good and bad, for all of them are a little part of this package called "Ms. Lisa"!

Love and peace to you all!

No comments: