Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Election Day (Again!)

Today is the runoff election in Nashville. We're are hopefully electing a Mayor, 4 at large council seats and 7 other undecided district council seats.

I didn't early vote this time - I lost track of time and it was over - so I'll go in just a few minutes to my usual polling place. It's kinda nice to go there, gives me a chance to see old friends from my old neighborhood and catch up with them.

I'll be anxiously waiting for 7:00 pm - I'll be on the computer to check totals from the early vote and watch as totals roll in.

No doubts to anybody around me who I'm supporting - I hope Karl Dean is the next Mayor, but I'll live with Bob Clement. My pics for at large at Megan Berry and Ronnie Steine, Jerry Maynard and Ronnie Greer. The most important election to me is the 16th district council seat. Anna Page is my pick. She has held the seat for only 9 months, but she has worked very hard and has been dedicated to improving this community for several years. Those things mean alot to me - my community has problems, whose doesn't, but I like a person who tries to address them instead of sitting around bashing folks because of them.

Well, my soapbox for today. Tune in tomorrow for election updates!!

No comments: