Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Brrrrr!!!

You know, once it's been 90 degrees or more for 30-45 days in a row, and then magic happens and the high only gets to about 70 - and the early morning is in the 50's - well, it feels like it just might snow!

Yesterday a weather front came through that didn't drop the promised rainfall, but did usher in fall in a big way. Me and the cat attempted to sit on the deck this morning, but since the sun had not hit it yet, and there was a good breeze, I actually got cold and had to come back inside. This on Wednesday when I never went outside Saturday or Sunday because it was so hot!

I came in a few minutes ago from driving my daughter and her roommate back to campus - there is a really good breeze right now and the low tonight is supposed to hit the 40's. Can you believe that? Anyway, I might have normally stopped to sit on the deck for awhile and watch the sun finish setting - but tonight I came right in. I will be in pajamas shortly, with socks no doubt, to watch some t.v. before I fall asleep.

It never ceases to amaze me how we go from one extreme to the other without so much as a blink!

Bundle up - winter is on the way!!

No comments: