Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Maniac Moo Moo

Today my cat made me really mad - mad enough in fact that I seriously think he has to find a new home.

He has always been somewhat of a maniac - you never know when or where he may attack - it used to be just my son - and he would lie in wait for him, pounce on his heels or back of his legs - and shred as much flesh as he could in the 2-3 seconds he had the chance. Believe me, in that short a period of time he could do some damage.

This morning he comes into my room, jumps on my bed, and is purring. He comes over and head butts me so I think he'll be safe to pet - not! He grabs my forearm and rips a place, plus makes two holes with his fangs - which are way too long to be in a cat's mouth. I was able to grab him and thought for a second about choking the life right out of him - but I didn't! I just pushed him off the bed and have proceeded to ignore him the rest of the day.

He is three years old - plenty old enough not to act like this. I've decided that I will get him declawed - I had not done so because it is an amputation, however, I don't think his ten claws on two front paws can be compared to one of my legs or arms. I've put this off too long - family and friends have told me over and over he needed Prozac - and they can put cats on some sort of meds to calm their aggressiveness. If I have to take it to keep from killing him, then, he can take it too!

It's a good think I'll pick Renee up shortly - at least someone will feed him today - because it won't be me, not today!

No comments: