Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

Does anybody remember this song by The Carpenters? I loved them - I spent a lot of time trying to sing like Karen Carpenter - her voice was so pure. Actually - I tried to imitate a lot of my favorites - easy to do if you can't sing - never did nail any of them but it sure was fun.

Anyway - a last note about The Carpenters - back in 1970 or 71 - my Uncle Bob came down from Bowling Green with one of his friends to go to a Carpenter concert at the Municipal Auditorium. They were dressed in suits - I guess it was the time and the group - but I remember it fondly. I never went to a concert in anything but jeans and tennis shoes with some band t-shirt, preferably from the last concert I'd been to.

My whole point with the title is that we've recevied much needed rain the last three days here - Monday it rained all day long, very heavy at times, but always steady. It rained most of yesterday and has started again today. The best part has been to wake up, see how dark it was outside because of the clouds, hear the water in the downspout on the edge of the house, and go back to sleep for a great nap!

Let it rain! (a line from a great Temps song!)

No comments: