Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Good Cry Never Hurts

Sometimes I find myself in need of a good cry. The kind where where the tears rush like a flooding creek and I actually moan. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's like the cleansing of all things old and bad and the beginning of all good things to come.

This morning has been one of those times. Physically I'm tired, very tired. Emotionally I am drained beyond empty. It's Mother's Day weekend and I miss my momma. I am hopeful and fearful for what the future holds for Renee and Lynn, and so I break down under it all and cry my eyes out. All alone and quiet because I don't want to disturb or upset the kids and there's no one else to share it with.

I think it's something all mothers have to do occasionally. You can only run on high speed for so long until the motor overheats and needs a cooling down period. That's what this cry does for me. I'll pull myself together, wash my face, put on a smile, and keep right on going like I've never missed a beat.

After all, that's what mothers do.

No comments: