Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day

It's Thursday and I'm posting some thoughts about Mother's Day a little early. It's a tough day for me. I will experience joy because I have two kids and they'll be excited. Renee has already made out her list for grocery shopping - so I'll be getting breakfast in bed - something I dearly love!! I know she's bought a gift and is dying to give it to me already - but I won't let her. Lynn said he was trying to figure out how to get me something. He has a foster mother and we've discussed something for her too - she's been a wonderful addition to his life and I appreciate all she's doing for him!

There'll be sadness too - my own mom is gone and I miss her so much somedays I can barely stand it. When I feel like giving up, I can hear her nudging me on and pushing the way moms always do and I'm grateful for the lessons I learned about hard work and perseverance from her.

My mother in law lives in Kentucky. And yes, she's still my mother in law - I kept her in the divorce! I've sent flowers to be delivered on Friday. She's a special lady whom I love very much and she means a lot to my entire family.

It's a special day - not only for the mothers but for the sisters and aunts who may not be physical mothers but are there in every other sense of the word. Doting aunts can be your child's best friend and are very often the leveling agent between disagreeing mothers and children, as I've experienced.

Happy Mother's Day to every woman who has ever loved a child!

No comments: