Monday, June 30, 2008

Playlist Updates

I am just really loving the playlist!! I don't have too many on my blog page - but my myspace is full at 100 - and I changed a bunch of them around. Every time I remember some old music from my youth - I can just go looking for it, find it and put it on the list.

Yesterday I must have been feeling a little melancholy - I added "Let's Just Kiss and Say Goodbye", "Have You Seen Her" and "I've Found Someone of My Own". These were all great songs that I remember from my childhood - I mean they're not even songs from my teenage years!! I also found "Love Grows Where my Rosemary Goes" and "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" by a band named Sugarloaf!! Does anyone remember them?

You can't listen to "Have You Seen Her" without remember Sinbad's version of it on one of his specials - hilarious!! And the Five Man Electrical Band singing "Signs"! Tesla did a great job covering it a few years ago that I enjoy too.

Speaking of covers, have you heard Korn doing "Word Up"? Or Metallica doing "Turn the Page"? Both great jobs!

Funny thing is - you've got to know how old you're getting to be when you can tell your kids, who are singing their latest favorite song, who did that song in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's!! And they think their music is so cool and new! NOT!!

No comments: