Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happiness is a State of Mind

I've been thinking alot lately about being happy. I think I may be about the happiest I've ever been in my life now.

Not to say there were not special days that can't be matched - like the days my babies were born, their first days in school, watching Renee enter the auditorium at graduation.

And, not to say there aren't still a few things that disturb me daily. Lynn is not back home fulltime, but I am hopeful and he will be one day and hopeful that he has a bright future ahead of him.

But, on a day to day, hour to hour, basis, I am happy, and I am proud of the fact that I've reached this point. I have reached a point of not being afraid to say no, and not worrying about saying exactly what I think. That does not give me a license to be mean, but, I am free from holding back and being miserable about it.

And I see the future - I'm not sure what it holds - but I'm fully expectant that it is there. I'm not scared of it and I dare to let my mind dream of the possibilities. Realizing I still had dreams and they can happen - well, the last of the shackles of despair slipped off and I've truly found myself again.

I feel like a whole new life is starting and I'm excited about it!

No comments: