Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday! I am 48 years old which surprises me to no end - that I've lived this long. On most hands though, I feel like I've not done anything yet and there are so many things I want to do in the future.

Right after I woke up today, Renee came in with cupcakes, a balloon, a rose, a birthday card and a gift card to Barnes and Noble. She said she bought that so I'd have to spend it on myself - if she'd given me a VISA gift card, I'd end up spending it on her and Lynn! What a smart girl!! Lynn gave me the bestest hug!!

I ate cupcakes and had coffee in bed and have proceeded to not accomplish one thing today! I've sat on the deck a couple of times, played on the internet, talked to the kids, and generally been so lazy I'm on my own nerves!

Tomorrow I must get something accomplished, but for today, it's been nice to not put too much pressure on myself. I'm sure as I'm writing this that my Martha Stewart sheets from Mother's Day are calling my name and I'll soon be back in the bed sitting up watching reruns.

No comments: