Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You Have to Vote

I've blogged some about politics, not a great deal, not as much as some of my old friends would have thought! Maybe because one of the blogs I used to read, well, his blog began to be full of all the ugly and disrepectful things I usually try to avoid, and, of course, they were all about Hillary.

All about Hillary because of two things - one, he's a big ass Republican and two, he's an even bigger ass chauvanistic pig. He's around 60 or so, but believe me when I say his attitude about women meets you about 10 feet before you see him. Not since my stupid ex-husband has a man infuriated me more - but - enough about him - he does not deserve these few words or any time in my universe.

I truly believe that major changes must take place for this country to proceed. Can you honestly say you are happy with the state of the economy? Do you have enough money? Are you not sick of pulling into a gas station? Can you buy whatever you want at the grocery store without counting as you go? Do you still have an active social life where dining out, movies, and other activites that are not free are part of your daily routine? When did you last go shopping just to shop - not for a necessity you'd had to plan for?

If you answered yes to these, are you giving back in any way? When's the last time you donated to the local food bank? Or made sure your elderly neighbor was getting enough to eat? Or that your other neighbor, the one with 3 kids, had enough food in her house? Or that her lights weren't cut off when you didn't see any lights on there last night, but you knew they were home? What about the family down the street where dad was hurt at work? Did you check to be sure they had gas in the car to go to the doctor or milk for the kid's cereal this morning?

Because you see, if you were able to answer yes to the first set, congratulations. The next paragraph are those who are struggling today. And, they're not struggling because they've been irresponsible or they haven't been cautious spenders or are wasteful consumers. No, they are the heart and the backbone of this country, and they are struggling because we've had an administration that has no clue about the real world. Excuse me, if you've never had to wait for anything in your life and you've never had to budget to cover your obligations, how can you propose to have any damn clue how to make decisions for the people as a whole?

There HAS to be CHANGE!! If you are not registered to vote, please do so today. If you need a form, call me - I have some and I will gladly mail you one or bring it to you, if you're in my neighborhood.

Voting is a right no American can take for granted, or fail to exercise. Hundreds of years have passed and hundreds of thousands of men and women have given their life to protect the way of living we have in America - don't take that lightly or disrepect it by not registering and voting.

If I see you, and I don't know, I will asked if you are registered to vote. And, I'll have forms with me if you're not! Even if you're going to vote Republican, I'll still give you a form. Oh, I'll try to teach you better too, but I'll give you a registration form.

And in the words of the late John Paul Jones , "I have just begun to fight!".

No comments: