Saturday, June 21, 2008

I just love Kid Rock!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know how bad he is BUT I still love him! There's just something about a tall skinny bad boy blondie that gets my attention, even at 48 years old, like nothing or nobody else.

Don't have an explanation for it, it's just what moves me.

Now Kid Rock has this new song out - a really cute summer time song - starts off with the music of Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" and switches to Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama". The only thing that makes this song not the anthem of my youth is where he says "summer of 89" and my summer was 79!! Well, 80, 81, 82, 83... you get the picture!

Really catchey arrangement and just a good remember when song for the summer - hope you get a chance to hear it soon! If you pass me in traffic I'll be the one with it cranked up singing along at the top of my lungs!

If I could just find a 1979 Buick Regal to drive!!

AND, I've added it to my blog songlist so you listen for yourselves! See if it doesn't make you smile and remember someone or something a little special from your younger days!

No comments: